Shanjin tells you that it is not easy to produce TPE sealing strip.
With the rapid development of the door and window curtain industry in recent years, the door and window rubber seal strip industry has also received more and more attention from the market. At present, door and window rubber seal strips are mainly used in plastic doors and windows, aluminum alloy doors and windows, wooden doors and windows and other architectural decorative doors and windows. Plastic steel door and window seals on the market are generally extruded from PVC, modified PVC, EPDM, elastomer seals (including TPV, TPE, TPR, SEBS), silica gel and other materials.
So, what is the role of the door and window seal strip? It is said that the sealing strip plays an important role in waterproofing, sealing and energy saving in plastic steel doors and windows and broken aluminum doors and windows and wooden doors and windows. To meet the needs of soundproof, dustproof, antifreeze and warm, it must have strong tensile strength, good elasticity, and better temperature resistance and aging resistance. In order to ensure the fastening of the strip and the profile, the cross-sectional structure of the strip must match the profile of the steel door and window. Sealing strips are generally used to open doors and windows, overhang windows, and fold doors and windows. The main functions are dustproof, insect proof, and waterproof, soundproof, sealed and so on.
However, due to the current state of the technology and other factors, the door and window seals on the market are also different. In many cases, due to the improper selection of sealing strips, the door and window enterprises have experienced quality problems and reworked, which brings economic losses to the door and window curtain wall enterprises, and also causes the loss of corporate reputation. So, what are the possible problems with the current general door and window seals? Through many investigations, the following problems are:
1. Seal strip contains a variety of harmful substances (such as soluble cadmium, barium, lead and other heavy metal carcinogens), and the volatilization of these soluble harmful substances will seriously damage human health.
2. Poor seals on the corners of the door and window seals may result in poor sealing or cracking of the glue, causing water leakage.
3. After being exposed to sunlight or heated, the sealing strip is sticky, attached to the window and glass, and sometimes the “oil seepage” phenomenon pollutes the door and window, Also it affects the sealing function and appearance of the door and window.
4. When the door and window sealing strips become hard and brittle, losing the original elasticity and sealing function; thus, the project has not yet been accepted because of the problem of water leakage and ventilation.
Advantages of TPE sealing strips
With the development of science and technology in China, TPE domestic raw materials have been able to replace imported products, and gradually applied to automobiles, trains, wires, doors and windows, etc. The high cost performance of TPE sealing strips has become a substitute for traditional rubber strips (PVC, silica gel, etc.). So what are the advantages of TPE door and window seals that are favored by the market? In general, the main performance and characteristics of TPE sealing strips are as follows:
1. Excellent high and low temperature resistance: the use temperature can reach -50℃ to +110℃, the hardness change is not higher than 4HA in the temperature range of -20℃ to +40℃, which is superior to the traditional material PVC and EPDM sealing strip.
2. The thermal conductivity is less than 0.2W/(m•K), which is an insulation material to improve the insulation performance of doors and windows and reduce energy consumption.
3. Good resilience and high tear strength: under compression conditions of 30%, 70 ° C × 24 h, the compression set is 22%, and the tear strength is 50 KN/M under ASTM D624 test
4. Excellent processing performance: it can be made color strips, white strips, transparent strips, etc. and can be specially made according to the color of the profile. The color is uniform, does not fade, and the decoration is strong, and the door and window grades are improved.
5. It can be used for thermal welding: corner welding can fundamentally solve the problems of tight corner sealing and cracking of glue. The welding process is simple, the efficiency is high, the welding strength is high, the installation after welding is convenient, and the cost of corner, glue is saved. It is being applied by more and more high-end door and window companies.